Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Oh, It Fit All Right



"It's too big. It won't fit in there." Mark squealed.
No, it's not what you think... unless you don't have a filthy mind. I was  putting together a cabinet for the bathroom. Mark had made the measurements before he bought it, but was having second thoughts as I slapped it together.
"Don't worry. I'll make it fit." I assured him.

I don't have a very good track record with assembling things. I always have left over parts and often have to disassemble the piece after I discover that I put one piece in there backwards. We still have a bookcase in the living room with one of the shelves installed upside down and backwards. I had already disassembled and reassembled it twice so Mark gave me permission to ignore the third mistake. He was probably tired of hearing me curse. I do love that "F" word and throw it around freely when putting together objects that "require some assembly". Out in the garage is an unassembled charcoal grill awaiting my attention. The new neighbors should all get a kick out of that one when I tackle it. Anyway, miracles of miracles, I managed to assemble Mark's bathroom cabinet in one try, without any leftover parts. I thank the manufacturer for that one. The instructions were concise, all the parts were clearly marked, and they fit perfectly. And speaking of fitting, I did make it fit in the location Mark had picked out. Just a little nudge of the water turnoff valve and a kick got it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment