Monday, July 18, 2016

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer



So we're living in the big city now. Lots of things to do, lots of places to go. But it's Sunday morning and I'm actually ready for a nice quiet day. Two months of putting this new house together and I think I deserve a couple of lazy summer days.
"I'm bored." Says Mark.
"That's nice." I mumble dismissively.
"I've been stuck in this house and I want to do something." Mark insists.
Mark has not been stuck in the house. We get out plenty, but because he didn't get to go out on Saturday night, he considers himself "stuck". So I go online and look for things to do in the city. Ah-ha! A museum that I've never been to and it's free on Sundays.
"Do you want to go to the DuSable Museum of African American History? It's free today."
"Where is that?"
"South side, down by Washington Park."
Mark makes a disapproving face, and with a sneer tells me "I'd like to stay in this country...     Hey, look. There's a sidewalk sale in Evanston. Where's Evanston?"
"It's north of here."
So on Sunday Mark and I went shopping instead of learning about history. Mark and I wandered through Evanston, oohing and aahing over the big houses and pretty stores. Then we stopped along the lakefront to roam through some kind of crafts festival and ate some crappy festival food. And you know what? I actually enjoyed myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment