Thursday, March 2, 2017

Fish and Chips



I hate it when products change their packaging. My problem is that I can go for ages without buying a new bottle of shampoo or toothpaste, and by the time I am ready to restock they've changed the package. I used to have a shampoo that I loved. I have no idea what the name of it was, only that I liked it. Then one day I looked for it on the shelf at Walgreens and I couldn't find it. There was no brown, flat topped shampoo anymore. So instead of driving home, digging the old bottle out of the garbage, and looking at the name of it, I just floundered around for a few years until I found another brand I liked.

Toothpaste is another matter. They change toothpaste formulas and packaging monthly. My problem is that I can make a tube of toothpaste last for nearly a year because you don't really need that much on your brush. Over the years I have tried many different brands, types, and flavors. When I go back a year later my brand is gone. (I do miss that Stripe toothpaste. How did they do that, make toothpaste come out of the tube with a stripe on it?) Recently I purchased a tube of toothpaste that I will call Leg and Mallet so as not to get sued. Right on the label it says that it is complete, that it will whiten your teeth, clean your teeth, prevent bad breath, and help you win the lottery. What they don't tell you, is that it tastes vaguely like fish. Like a fried fish. It's not a horrible taste and the flavor is so faint that some people might not detect it, but it is also salty. Seriously, I do not want savory, fried fish in my mouth so early in the morning. Especially after a bowl of Frosted Flakes.

1 comment: