Friday, March 10, 2017

I'm Going to Need a Part For That



IBM System 38. I was very good at fixing these things a long time ago.

I have very vivid dreams. I don't know why. I don't take too many drugs, just blood pressure and cholesterol pills. No LSD, pot, or cocaine. At least not in the last few years. My dreams are very realistic, very true to life. None of that stuff with misshapen faces or cartoonish backgrounds. In fact, sometimes my dad shows up in my dreams. I like those dreams, it's nice to see him once in awhile. Of course there are those dreams they always talk about where you are naked in a room full of people you know. That would be weird.

Lately I have been having some odd dreams where I am still working for the computer repair company I used to work for. It usually starts out where I am trying to fix something at a customer's site. At some point I figure out that I need a part and I will have to go back to the office in Alsip, Illinois to get it. That's when I realize that I haven't been out there in a very long time. I wonder if I am even still employed by them, but then I realize I am getting a paycheck deposited every week, but still it's been a very long time. And where is my beeper that lets me know I have a call? I can't find that. I get a very bad feeling about all of this. At that point the dream usually morphs into me standing in the Alsip office with all the other employees hanging around. The boss is there, and the woman who dispatches calls is there. That's when I become aware that I am standing there naked. I always wake up at this point. But hey, it sure was nice to see all my old co-workers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment