Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Halloween 2017


Dave, Debbie, and Alan 1955

Another Halloween come and gone. We did not get as many trick or treaters as we got last year. Mark said it was because it was so damn cold out. He has a point. I remember when I was a kid and the weather interfered with our Halloween celebrations. One year it was rain and we had to go around begging for candy with our fabulous costumes covered by rain coats. We also had cold weather on occasion. That meant kids had to wear winter coats with only a hint of their costume peeking out from underneath. That's what happened last evening around here. All these little kids coming up to the house and I had no idea what their costumes were. They all had a bag brimming with candy though. That's how I knew they weren't Jehovah's Witnesses. Like I said, there weren't as many this year as last. It could have been the cold weather keeping them away, or it could have been Little Cujo, and Big Cujo. Seriously, I thought Scout was going to go through the window after them. More than one kid ran away, screaming in terror.


The Sound and the Fury

No comments:

Post a Comment