Thursday, November 9, 2017

Lock Them Up, Lock Them Up



There are some people who should be locked away forever and never heard from again. Like politicians, or wannabe politicians who have no idea what the hell they're doing. Or they do know what they're doing, stealing from the tax payers. But that's not what is pissing me off right now. What has got my shorts all in a twist are the assholes who have ruined a decent holiday. I don't mean Halloween. The twenty something's who dress up as sexy nuns, sexy doctors, sexy fill-in-the-blank, can have that one. I'm talking about Christmas. Seriously, all I want for Christmas is for it to start about two weeks into December. On December fourteenth people can start wandering around singing carols. The pretty lights can all be turned on. And that's when I want to start seeing Christmas cookies, cakes, wines, and what have you. What has got me in a tizzy, besides the guy down the street who put up a Christmas tree the first week of October, is on the radio. Those assholes who have the sixth button on our car radio, right after Mark's Justin Bieber station, are playing nothing but Christmas music already. On the way out to see Mom yesterday, I kept mistakenly hitting that button. Just one bar of Christmas music is too much at this early date. I do not want to be put into the Christmas mood the first week of November. Hell, by the time December twenty fifth rolls around I'll be ready to kill somebody. Nobody can sustain that kind of cheer for that long. Nobody can stay merry for two full months. Human beings just aren't built to stay that upbeat. At least I'm not. Maybe we could get those moron politicians to pass a law prohibiting Christmas music before Thanksgiving. Then after they do that, we lock them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment