Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Brown Snow



It snowed here last Thursday. Not a lot of snow, only about one inch. Not enough to make it practical to use the snow blower, so I went at it with a snow shovel. That was a bad idea, I hurt my back and it took a few days to recover. In addition to not wanting to pull the snow blower out of the garage for one inch of snow, I also didn't want to go out into the yard and pick up the dog poo. Every day since it snowed I let Scout and Chandler out into the yard, and every day I told myself that I would pick their waste up soon. Yesterday all the snow melted and I took that opportunity to go collect the dog poop in the big orange, dog poop bucket. It was only three days that I let it slide, yet there had to be a hundred turds lying all around the edge of the yard. (Yes, just around the edge because my dogs are very smart and know enough not to dirty their play area.) Anyway, it was like a great treasure hunt out there. Just when I thought I had got it all, I would spy another turd hiding among the fallen leaves. Also, there was the problem from Saturday when somebody fed the dogs leftover breakfast sausages and it gave them diarrhea. Even half frozen, that was not easy to pick up. But I did get it all cleaned up, just in time for a fast moving squall that dropped another inch of snow in the back yard. More snow is predicted for Wednesday, and this being Chicago there is a very good chance that I won't see this week's turds for a few months. In fact they will probably number into the thousands by March.

No comments:

Post a Comment