Friday, December 22, 2017

Doggy Christmas



When we got Scout I depended upon Chandler to help show her some good behavior examples. She did catch on fast that the backyard was the place to do her toilet duties. Chandler also taught her that when the lights go out, it's time for bed. No midnight barking allowed. One thing that Chandler taught Scout was that if you look up into the sky, there are big noisy birds up there that you are supposed to bark at. Airplanes, Chandler loves to bark at the airplanes and we are under the landing approach for one of the runways at O'Hare. Lots of barking. What I didn't count on was Scout teaching my old dog, Chandler, new tricks. When Scout wants something, she sits in front of me and talks. If I ignore her, she starts barking at me. Most of the time this will get my attention and I will ask her, "What do you want?" Easy to figure out, either she wants to go out, or she wants a chewy stick. Sometimes she is telling me that Mark has left a plate of half finished food on the counter in the kitchen and I need to give that to her. This is something that Chandler has never done, until now. He watched and learned and now will sit in front of me and give me a soft bark. If I ignore, he goes loud. He wants that half finished plate of food. What I can't get them to communicate on is posing for their Christmas photo. "Chandler, sit! Stay... Okay, Scout, sit!...  no, no, Chandler you stay.. Scout come back here.." And so it went. I managed to get some quick shots off of the two of them. In all of the photos though, one or the other was blurry because neither one would sit long enough to get the other posed. The above photo is of two different pictures blended together. It's the best I could do.

1 comment:

  1. Alan, I love to read your adventures with Mark and the pups. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete