Tuesday, November 20, 2018

First Blood



I've had a mole/beauty mark, on my upper lip for many years. I first noticed it about forty years ago and thought nothing of it, until the day I shaved it off. Sliced that thing right off my face. Blood ran down my lip for hours. I don't know why but a shaving cut just does not stop bleeding. You would think that was that, the mole was now gone. But it came right back a few months later. As I have got older, the mole has become more noticeable and a bit larger. So far I've been told not to worry about it by my doctor, it's not cancer. He did say it could be removed. I thought about that, but I told him no. I'm having second thoughts about that. Sure, it's part of my visage and people have got used to seeing it. I remember how sad I was when Enrique Iglesias had his mole removed. It gave him some character. Anyway, I cut the damn thing off my face again yesterday. With a yelp and loud curse, it was gone. So maybe I should have it removed. The only other solution to my mole problem that I can think of is facial hair. But that brings up another thing that I've been aware of for over forty years. I can't grow facial hair. Not with any volume that would look good. Just little sparse patches of hair here and there. Oh, and it will probably be patchy gray too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment