Monday, October 8, 2018

Making Fast Food, Slow



On my way home from grocery shopping I decided to do the McDonald's drive thru thing. So I called Mark and asked him what he wanted.
"Bring me a Big Mac... oh, and some fries."
I cruised on up to the giant menu and spoke into the little speaker.
"Hello, welcome to McDonald's. Can I take your order?"
"Yes, I want a Big Mac and some fries.... Just give me a number one with a Coke. I also want a Quarter Pounder with Cheese."
"Do you want that Big Mac meal large?" 
"No, a small meal will be fine."
"I'm sorry sir, we don't have small meals."
"Well then just give me a regular meal."
"We do not have 'regular' meals sir. Just medium and large."
"Well how can you have medium if you don't have a small size?"
" Just medium and large. Those are the sizes"
"Right, I got that. You do know what the word 'medium' means, don't you? It comes from Latin and means the middle. So if you don't have a small, you can't have a medium."
"Is that all sir?"
"No, I also want a medium Diet Coke."
"I'm sorry sir, we don't have medium sodas. Only regular and large."
"Okay, regular then. Last thing I would want is an irregular Diet Coke."


No comments:

Post a Comment