Monday, September 9, 2019

Cranky, Blanky, Yanky




Twenty two years sharing the bed with Mark and I still have a problem with that. First of all, Mark has that "Restless Leg Syndrome" thing. He jiggles his legs, and until I either yell for him to stop or I grab his leg and hold it down, he won't stop. He actually wore a hole through one mattress pad by doing that. And then there is the blanket problem. During the night, Mark will make little tugs on the blanket. Really, only small tugs, but always pulling the blanket from my side of the bed. It builds up and by morning my ass will be hanging out in the cool air. Meanwhile, on Mark's side of the bed, there is plenty of blanket draping down to the floor. Once in awhile he will also do the flip from laying on his right side to his left side while holding on to the blanket. When he does that I have to grab the blanket and give it an angry tug back over to my side. About ten years ago we got a king size bed with huge king size blankets. This solved the problem. The fact that it also opened up room for the dogs to lay between us helped too. Can't yank a blanket with a ninety pound dog laying on it. Well, then we bought a Chicago house. A nearly hundred year old Chicago house with teeny tiny bedrooms. Because of the small bedroom we had to go back to the queen sized bed and back to the battle of the blankets. I'm getting tired of it and I think I have a solution. I was watching an episode of I Love Lucy when it came to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment