Monday, September 30, 2019

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid


Looks like we're in the last days of short pants wearing season. Even if it drops to sixty degrees I still wear my shorts, but if it gets much colder I give in. It's just that it is so much easier when you have to go to the bathroom. Just drop and plop. Seriously, I like the freedom I feel in shorts without being all bound up in long pants. So I have a rotation of shorts that I wear all summer long. Only five pair of shorts that I wear and launder in order. Recently, however, one of my shorts blew out the zipper beyond repair. That kind of screwed me up and left me with only four pair to put in rotation. But I made do because I could see the end of summer coming on fast. And then I popped a button off another pair of shorts, leaving me with only three pair. This time it caused a complete breakdown of my laundry/shorts wearing schedule. So I had to take it over to the little tailor shop around the corner and have the button replaced. I know, why don't I do that myself? Because there is a little Eastern European lady around the corner that does it for only two dollars, that's why. Cheap price for sure, but the only thing is there is another price I had to pay. My self respect. I walked in and handed my shorts over to the husband and explained that I needed the button sewed back on. He looked at the shorts, then looked at me, and then looked at my belly.
"You're getting too fat. The shorts will be ready tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment