Friday, January 29, 2021

Didn't Even Get a Lollipop


Thanks to my friend Doug, I found out that they were giving out the vaccine at the clinic he goes to. Only for established patients though. Lucky for me, I actually used that clinic once. That was when I accidently stuck myself with the same needle I had stuck Mark with. That one time visit got me in. So I called them immediately and asked if I could get the shot. All I had to do was give them my birth date. The person on the phone looked up my records and asked me,

"How about one thirty, Thursday afternoon?"

"You mean this Thursday?"

"Yes, January 28th."

I came so very close to crying right then and there. It was like Christmas when I was a little kid. All I could think about was that I could visit my mom. I could maybe go back to bowling. Maybe, even rejoin the human race.

Yesterday afternoon was Vaccination Christmas. I got the shot and was given an appointment for the second shot four weeks from now. However, I do need to cool down. I'm still not going to be able to visit Mom and give her a big hug anytime soon. Not sure about the bowling. Also, rejoining the human race is going to happen, but I was told that I still have to wear a mask. I hate the mask. Mostly because I'm sure I've walked by people I know and didn't recognize them.

3 comments:

  1. I was thrilled to receive my vaccine yesterday (Saturday). 2nd one is scheduled for the end of February. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should get mine in a month or two...at least I finally got on Medicare! Ya-Hoo for 65.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you get a PPO advantage plan and not a HMO. Big difference.

      Delete