Thursday, January 7, 2021

Lost and Found

 


Yesterday afternoon I was taking some old bedding to donate, over to the Brown Elephant resale shop. A very worthy charity, a branch of the Howard Brown Clinic. Anyway, as I was tossing the bags of stuff into the back seat of my car, I placed my gloves on the trunk lid. After finishing the loading of the car, I got in and drove off to Andersonville to get a sandwich and drop off the goods. When I got back into my car afterwards, I reached for my gloves. Not there. Not on the seat next to me, nowhere in the car. I finally figured out that they were somewhere on Peterson Avenue all squished and dirty now. I liked those gloves, they were warm and they fit well. So, after screaming the word Fuck about twenty times in a row, I calmed down and drove home. I then got the little step ladder out and dragged it over to the hall closet where we keep our winter clothes. After rooting around in there, up on a shelf, buried under a pile of scarves and hats, I found a brand new pair of gloves. Very nice gloves with the tags still on them, never worn. Another Mark purchase that he never used. Still looking after me, even now.

1 comment:

  1. I've very happy that he is still with you, in one way or another. I always thought that "remember the memories" stuff was just empty words people say when they don't know what else to say. As I get older, it turns out all that shit is true...

    ReplyDelete