Friday, February 19, 2021

The Delivery Man

 


I'm dozing off in the recliner chair early Wednesday evening when the dogs go nuts. They've both gone out of their minds barking at the window. Scout in her high pitched yappiness, Chandler in his old dog, raspy voice. Something's happening outside so I get up and take a look. It's  the grocery delivery guy stumbling up through the snow, bringing my upstairs neighbor his weekly groceries. Dennis has been doing this for a few weeks now. I initially thought, 'How extravagant, Dennis must have money to burn'. Really, paying people to shop for you and deliver it to your second floor apartment. Must be nice. Then, yesterday, I watched car after car getting stuck in the alley, stuck in the street, trying to park and getting stuck. I had planned to go grocery shopping yesterday, but I do not want to get stuck. From my garage to the street there is about a hundred or more feet of alley. The alley is not plowed, the city does not do that. So we rely upon the city garbage truck to smoosh the snow down as it makes its way through the alley. The garbage truck did not come by this week. Too much snow I assume. So there I was with all the snow in front of my garage removed, and all the snow in front of the garage across the alley removed. I and my alley neighbor can get our cars out of our garages, but we cannot get any further than that.

My grocery delivery is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I sure hope they don't forget the vodka or the Frosted Flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment