Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Grammy



I think Kanye West sucks. I hate his "music" and I think he is a moron. However, there is one thing he got right. Taylor Swift also sucks. It's like the vacuum cleaner calling the Dust Buster sucky. They both suck. 

I watched a little bit of the Grammys last night. I wasn't that impressed. Too much bad music gets rewarded. How on Earth can somebody who uses so much canned, synthesized music, win over a talented band like Alabama Shakes? I know, music is subjective. Everybody likes what they like, and as usual I don't always like the most popular stuff. As for the Grammys, I have never had any respect for those awards. It goes all the way back to my teenage years when the most boring music was given a Grammy. It was as if they were afraid to acknowledge that rock music existed. For instance, in 1964 Album of the Year went to Stan Getz. Record of the Year, The Girl From Ipanema. Not bad, but 1964 was the year of The Beatles. For Krissakes, the only Grammy those guys won was for Best Performance by a Chorus. In 1965 The Shadow of Your Smile won best song of the year. 1965 was the year of Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones, Michelle by The Beatles, and Mr. Tambourine Man by The Byrds. Back then the Grammys were handed out to please my parents, not me. Now they seem to have flipped completely. They're giving out awards to please twenty two year old women and fifteen year old boys. Yuck!

2 comments:

  1. Amen, brother...and what in the hell was she wearing? You're a gay man...is tube top + floor-length chiffon a good look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a very "gay", gay man. I don't notice what women are wearing. Mark does, he's all into those fashion shows. I do pay attention to what men are wearing, if they're good looking. I do think Alicia would wear a tube top, floor length chiffon combo though.

      Delete