Monday, September 24, 2018

My Growing Ginko


The Ginko
The one thing that I hated giving up when we moved from Florida to Chicago, were my live oak trees. especially the large one that I planted from a stick in 1993. By the time we moved out it was a mature beauty with Spanish Moss dripping from its branches. In my back yard here in Chicago, I have been dreaming of creating a patio centered around a large shade tree. That is hard to do when you buy a house with not one single tree in the yard. I now have four trees struggling towards the sky. The one I planted in the back yard, that is to be the center of my patio, is doing the best. Seriously, when I stuck that little stick in the ground in 2016 it came up to my belt. This summer it grew until it towered a full six inches over my head. At that rate I should start planning the patio now. Allowing for my slow rate of project completion, if I start now I should have it done when that tree is thirty feet high. I have an idea of how I want it to look, something like this.

But let's face it. I'm not going to pop loose the bucks to do a patio that nice. No, my patio will probably look more like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment