Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Shopping Part Two


Re-creation. I'm too timid to actually pull out the camera and take somebody's photo.
I hate shopping. However, Mark had sent me grocery shopping on Labor Day. We were needing a few things and I figured the store wouldn't be so busy on a holiday. It was busy, very busy. So there I am wandering the aisles of the Jewel Store with Mark's grocery list in my hand. Should be easy, he gave me a list. Problem was that Mark didn't group the items he wanted by aisle. That's how any sane person would do it. Instead I was wandering back and forth across the vast store looking for paper towels, then T-bone steaks, and then over to the pork and beans aisle. Near the end of the list, when I was in the ice cream aisle, I realized that I had to go back and get tomatoes which were way back on the other side of the store. Oh, and I forgot to mention that almost every other item on the list, I had to call Mark and ask him to explain his writing. He writes in a code of some sort that I'm expected to decipher.
Ice cream marshmallow
Cheese
Soda 4 10
Never heard of marshmallow ice cream. What kind of cheese? And what the hell is 4 10 soda? Anyway, on my way back over to the produce department to buy the tomatoes, I witnessed a very large man with a beard at the kosher meat counter. A big manly, man, with that fake dyed red hair that is popular on Judge Judy litigants. He was wearing sequined construction boots and a dress. Just out there, doing his shopping in his best get up, not giving a damn what anybody thought. He made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment