Friday, July 27, 2018

Size Queen


There is a house across the street from us with the biggest television I have ever seen. Their television covers an entire wall. From my living room I can see clearly what they are watching, and mostly it's soccer. They do watch other things from time to time. Baseball, and even American Football. Notice the theme there? Sports, lots of sports. Well, now we are that house. Mark went and bought a new television for the living room. I kept telling him that we do not need a new television, and he kept telling me that he wanted one. His big excuse for buying one right now was, "The tariffs. You watch, the prices are going to go through the roof for televisions. The one I want has already gone up ninety dollars." So Mark feels that he has saved some money. He didn't. He spent money he did not need to spend. Seriously, if that Sony Trinitron hadn't conked out in the 1980s, I would still have that thing. I just don't understand this need to have the latest and greatest. Anyway, the thing has arrived and Mark expects me to set it up. I told him that he'll need to get rid of one of his bookcases full of cook books. He said to just put it in front of them, which I will do. We will have to have it tuned to sports all the time though. For the people across Peterson Avenue eating at Wolfie's. They'll have a clear view of it from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment