Monday, January 28, 2019

Saturday Night at the Movies


Stinky
On Saturday nights I like to sit in my big recliner chair and watch a movie. This Saturday it was that movie 'Tag'. It kind of sucked. Anyway, I was sitting there trying to decide if I was going to sit through the whole thing when Scout jumped up on the chair with me. She loves to sit there with me while I scratch her head and back. We were both quite happy sitting there. Scout getting a nice back scratch and me getting some doggy love. Then I smelled it. An acrid, putrid odor that I have smelled before on occasion. Doggy anal gland stink. Scout's anal glands were leaking. The disgusting smell curled up around my nostrils and burned the back of my throat. I popped up out of the chair, Scout jumping off ahead of me.
"Arggggg.... Oh my god....the stench.. How could such a sweet dog smell so bad."
Meanwhile, Mark lay on the sofa undisturbed by my predicament.
"My chair... my clothes... " I cried. It was everywhere. So I went into the kitchen and got the bottle of Febreze deodorizer and I doused the chair in the stuff. That didn't help, I could still smell dog stank.
"It's probably on your clothes" Mark said as he lay there munching on a cupcake.
It was on my clothes, so I took off my pants and shirt and threw them into the washing machine. As I slammed the washer door shut, a little mouse came running out from behind the machine. I paid no attention to it and went back out to the living room to find Scout. She was sitting on top of the radiator basking in the heat, which helped spread the aroma of anal gland stench. It was in her hair, all over her rear end.
"You're going to have to give her a bath."
Mark was right, Scout would have to be washed. So I got the dog shampoo, emptied the kitchen sink of dishes, and put Scout in there. I scrubbed her ass, her legs, her entire body from the neck back. Then I rinsed her down and soaped her up again. There I was, living the life. In my under pants on a Saturday evening, giving the dog a bath in the kitchen sink.
Now my dog is clean and sweet smelling again. My clothes are in the dryer, washed clean from the aroma of dog stink. Out in the living room, my big recliner chair has been hosed down with Febreze. Almost all is right with my world again. Almost. Now about that mouse....

No comments:

Post a Comment