Thursday, January 17, 2019

Snow Blows



Our first winter back in Chicago, after twenty seven years in Florida, was not so bad. Very little snow with lots of warm days. I was a little disappointed because I had bought a brand new snow blower. I wanted to use that thing. The second winter, last year, proved to be snowier. I got to use my snow blower. I also felt that we got the right amount of snow. Moving that white fluff around was starting to get tiring. This winter we've had very little snow. Some back in November and very little since. Last Saturday we got about one inch of the stuff. I looked out the window at that one inch of snow and decided it would be stupid to bring out the snow blower for such a small amount. I grabbed the snow shovel and started shoveling. Up and down the sidewalk, pushing snow off the front porch and to the side of the yard. Done in no time flat. By Sunday morning I felt a twinge in my back and by Monday my back had stiffened up. Shoveling even one inch of snow is too much for this old fart. Tuesday, my bowling night, I was in pain. I doubled up on the Excedrin and went bowling anyway. All because of one inch of snow, my back has been screwed up. This weekend they're predicting snow again. I don't care if it's no more than powdered sugar on a donut, I'm using that snow blower.

No comments:

Post a Comment