Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Mouse Update


I've tried everything I can think of to catch this little rodent, outside of employing a cat. I wish I could get a cat, but allergies and a crazy terrier put that out of the mix. And speaking of a crazy terrier, I actually saw Scout laying on the floor near the kitchen doorway, watching the mouse walk around in the kitchen. She's given up barking at it, and now it seems to fascinate her.

So after I put the security camera on the kitchen floor and caught the mouse in action overnight, I decided to not kill it. The darn thing is so cute that I spent twenty dollars on a live trap and put that on the kitchen floor. Inside that trap I put a bit of hot dog bun, and pieces of a donut that I would have rather put in my mouth. Surely that little guy couldn't resist such bait. I have put that trap out for three nights in a row without success. Once again I put the security camera down to see what was happening. It seems the mouse wants nothing to do with the bait I put in the trap, wandering by it as if it didn't even exist. So I don't know what I'm going to do now. It has made its way up onto the counters and has eaten through a number of products that Mark left out. Tonight when Mark picked up a bag of rice and it started dribbling out of a hole that had been chewed into it, he went nuts.
"Catch that damn rat!" Mark screamed.
"Mouse, it's not a rat. It's a mouse."
"I don't care what the hell it is, kill it!"
So I have another plan that I will execute tonight, and it does not involve a 'live' trap. Sorry little mouse, you had your chance.

2 comments:

  1. Peanut butter. Use peanut butter as bait in the live trap.

    ReplyDelete