Wednesday, May 29, 2019

RIP Marcus Mouse (Yes, I named him)


At approximately four, forty five in the afternoon yesterday, Marcus Mouse lost the battle of the kitchen and possibly the war. Since late last year when I first spotted the blur along the baseboards, I have been trying to catch the mouse. I didn't tell Mark or my friend Dennis about it until Mark screamed out one evening. "Rat, rat... a rat just ran across the kitchen floor!" He yelled that while standing on top of a kitchen stool. Later Dennis, who lives in the upstairs apartment, let me know that he had seen a single mouse skitter across his living room floor. I have been assuming it is the same mouse, upstairs and in our kitchen. Especially because while Dennis has been away on vacation for the last sixteen days, there has been more mouse activity in our kitchen. I'm assuming that's because the mouse's food has been cut off upstairs. So after months of trying, using every possible trap and lure available at the hardware store, I caught it. Let's just say Marcus Mouse did not suffer, well didn't suffer for long. No need to see photographic proof of his demise, just take my word for it. He's dead, gone to rodent heaven where hot dog buns and crumbs are plentiful and everybody thinks that a mouse is cute. Hopefully he does not have a family that will mourn him. Seriously, I hope he does not have a family. Otherwise the war is still on.

No comments:

Post a Comment