Monday, May 6, 2019

You can get anything you want at Menard's


"Hello, Menards? Do you have those electric shopping carts for handicapped people?"
"Yes, yes we do. We have two of them."

I'm very glad I called. Just nine days ago we had a snow storm that covered my yard and sidewalks with a slushy mess. Now it was nearly eighty degrees out in my back yard and Mark wanted to go shopping. I normally prefer to do my shopping during the week, when the stores are less crowded, but I had got the spring fever too. I needed bags of dirt for the garden and a few other things, so I loaded Mark's electric cart in the trunk and off we went to Menard's. I did not trust that there were two handicapped shopping carts available, so we brought our own. Sure enough, when we got to the store the parking lot was ninety nine percent full. Luckily for me, there was one handicapped spot left. Inside the store there were about five thousand shoppers wandering around with carts full of flowers, tools, groceries, appliances, and maybe even some liquor. I love Menard's for what it is. A competitor to Home Depot, but with even more. Seriously, when we were checking out I noticed that Mark had some flaked coconut in the cart. It was right next to the lawn mower fuel funnel that I had thrown in there, sitting on top of two bags of garden soil. I never did see any shopping carts for handicapped people, but I did see a man with two sheets of plywood, an air conditioner, and three boxes of Frosted Flakes at the checkout counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment