Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Gullible is Just a Polite Word for Stupid

These are real e-mails that I have received. Just two of many.



Dearest One,

Good day, I am contacting you to assist me transfer USD $16.5 Mllion Dollars,the money
I inherited from my Late Father which he made from the sale of Crude Oil
Business for investment in your Company under your Management while I
continue my education.
I am looking for an account with no/little fees where i can get a reasonable
interest rate along with acces to it if needed, I would like a company or
Individual whom is reasonably well known in your country.
Many thanks to you if you can help me as I would compensate you with a good
percentage of the money which is negotiable after the money has been
successfully moved into your account.
I am waiting for your urgent reply.
Thanks and God Bless you as I wait for your urgent reply for more details.

Yours Respectfully,
Miss Ella ALI

Are there really people stupid enough to fall for these kind of e-mails? I get at least one of these a week, sometimes more. They all have a need for me, a total stranger, to help them get some loot out of a third world country. It is either their dead husbands, dead fathers, or some dead stranger who left millions unclaimed in a bank, and I, Alan, am the only person on the planet Earth, honest enough to help them. I have never replied, because then I would be stupid, yet I am curious as to what kind of criminal sends this stuff out. Most of the e-mails have come from Africa, but lately a lot have come from Asia. Don't those people in Asia know that they have most of our money already?

I suppose that somewhere, somebody has fallen for this scam, or there wouldn't be so many criminals doing it. It works like this, you send the letter writer your bank account number. Then in a few days the millions are supposed to show up in your bank account. Of course the letter writer will never be heard from again. They are too busy emptying your bank account.




Hello,

My name is Mrs. Robiah Ahmad, from Malaysia (Asia) Am 50 years old, suffering from long time cancer of the breast. From all indications my condition is really deteriorating and it's quite obvious that I won't live more than 2 months according to my doctors. This is because the cancer stage has gotten to a very bad stage. My late husband died early last year from heart attack, and during the period of our marriage we couldn't produce any child. My late husband was very wealthy and after his death, I inherited all his business and wealth. The doctor has advised me that I will not live for more than 2 months, so I have now decided to spread all my wealth, to contribute mainly to the development of charity in Africa, America, Middle East and Europe. Before my late husband died he was a major oil tycoon, in Malaysia and Saudi Arabia and deposited the sum of 70 million dollars (Seventy million us dollars) in a storage company in Europe some years ago, that’s all I have left now, I need you to collect this funds and distribute it yourself to charity. So that when I die my soul can rest in peace. The funds will be entirely in hands and management. I pray God gives you the wisdom to touch very many lives that is my main concern. 30% of this money will be for your time and effort, while 70% goes to charity.
For more details reply me to this email address:
robiah58@xxx.com

Mrs. Robiah Ahmad

I think you would have to, not just be stupid, but greedy to fall for this scam, and maybe there is a little justice in it for those who fall for it. It teaches people not to be stupid, greedy, and not to believe everything they see on the internet.

6 comments:

  1. Responding to this kind of thing is a dumb as the perverts that think there texting some teenager of their dreams on the internet, only to find out it's a sting operation. With all the media coverage of every little thing, one would think before responding. Buy the way, I have some property in Florida that would be great for a retirement house...anyone interested?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis: I am interested. With the interest rates as low as they are and Property prices going down, you must have some terrific offer.

    Remember when they used to say they had property in Florida and it was just swampland? Not much of that swampland is left. It has all been developed into luxury living.

    I guess it would have been wise to buy property back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wonder if anyone falls for those scams, as obviously stupid as they sound? I love Judge Judy and Peoples Court and both shows have had people on who responded. The sad thing is that they also dragged a family member into the scam and then think the loss should just be the family members. It takes all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dennis: Either you're joshing us or you secretly invested in swampland in Florida and need to unload it now cause you are going into a partnership business with George in SoCa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another scam are those people from overseas that try to tell you they saw your ad on some dating site and are maddly in love with you but have no money to move over here. HAH!

    Another scam are those fake bank websites that tell you that your account has been frozen for some reason and you need to sign in (using their link of course) and put in your name, password and account pin number to make some corrrections. HAH! (always put your cursor over the link and read the address on the bottom of your screens address bar. If it's unfamiliar or questionable, it is probably leading you to a PHISHING site)

    TO ALL YOU OVERSEAS SCAMMERS: GET A LIFE !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello !.
    You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
    AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
    Do you want to become really rich in short time?
    That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

    I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
    I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
    It`s easy to start , just click this link http://nibesysyda.builtfree.org/nemymif.html
    and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

    ReplyDelete