Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New Kid on the Block

I understand that, if you introduce a young dog around an older dog, the added activity helps extend the life of the older dog. If that is true, Molly just got another year added to her life.

When Molly's friend Sophie lived in the front apartment, she would sometimes stage raids on Molly's chewy strip stash. Sophie would run into the house when I opened the door, find the chewy strip, then run back out. When she moved away, Molly missed her, but now to her delight, Molly has a new buddy, Otis. I just rented the front apartment out to a nice young married couple, and they have the cutest pug named Otis. Molly's first encounter with him happened the other day when I opened the back door and a small furry animal shot past me into the house. I think Molly at first thought Sophie had returned, but she soon realized that this wasn't her girlfriend, this was a boy dog.

After the formalities of butt sniffing and the checking out of the plumbing, Molly gave Otis permission to run all over her house. The best part was that he doesn't steal her chewy strips. Now every time Otis is in the back yard he comes to the door and asks for Molly. It's great for Molly because she is finally getting some exercise as the two of them run back and forth, and up and down the sidewalk. This is more activity than she has had in a long time.

Wouldn’t it be nice if it worked the same way for humans? Rent out the apartment to some young guy who chases me up and down the sidewalk. I could use the exercise.

7 comments:

  1. Please, they would catch you by the first bush. And my little Sophie didn't STEAL Molly's chewy strips, she borrowed them and would give them back in a few days...just in a different form. Did your new tenants sniff your butt or was it just the dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steal Marks cigarettes. He'll chase you all over for them. And there is your excercise. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for Molly. It just goes to show we all need a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MARK SMOKES?!?!?!?! There goes the sympathy for any breathing problems..... You can't blame the medical profession when one knows that pulling smoke into ones lungs is..ummmm...bad for you(?)!!!! Just ask the firemen who go into smoke-filled buildings with masks on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where in this post did it mention that Mark smokes? He actually quit about five weeks ago when I threw out all of his cigarettes, and so far he hasn't touched one. I give him the sniff test. A non-smoker can sniff out a smoker from five feet away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time, sniff his breath...opps sorry I was still on the dog story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey anonymous I think you need to chill out just a bit.

    I love Otis for a pug..just like Milo and Otis. Frikin' cutest movie ever.

    ReplyDelete