Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Doggy Style


Last night I woke up with all the covers off me, and only about five inches of room left for me to sleep on. The fact that my ass was freezing, and I was teetering on falling out of bed can be traced back about a year, and blamed squarely on Mark. When Chandler was a young dog, and not yet fully grown, Mark invited him up into our bed so that he wouldn't bother Mark's sister who was staying over. Bad move. Ever since that familial visit, Chandler has been sleeping in our bed. Unfortunately, he continued growing and now rivals Mark for weight and mass.


It got particularly bad early this morning after Chandler wedged himself between Mark and me. Most dogs curl up when they go to sleep, especially on cold nights. Not my dog, he lays full out, top to bottom, and then stretches his legs straight out. My usual ploy is to lift him and slide him over towards Mark's side of the bed. That usually gets me enough room. This morning around four o'clock, I was awakened by four fur covered battering rams pushing me off the side of the bed.

Obviously we have to do something about this. I can't have a dog dictating who gets to sleep in bed and who has to sleep on the floor. So starting tonight I am putting my foot down, and I will be the one sleeping comfortably in my bed. The only problem we will have is finding a place on the floor for Mark where I won't step on him when I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

7 comments:

  1. Funny!! Can't wait to see the pictures of you and Chandler sleeping in the bed and Mark sleeping on the floor! Make sure Mark has enough covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would feel bad for you, but I fight 4 dogs for covers every night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a King size bed. Then you'll all be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do two queens = one king?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, two twins make a Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, That was two twin size beds make a king size bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know how people sleep with their dogs in anything smaller than a king-size bed. But then I don't sleep with my dog... she prefers her crate!!

    ReplyDelete