Monday, January 25, 2010

The Real, Real World


I swear that sometimes I think I see smoke coming from the TiVo unit in the bedroom. If it could talk I'm sure it would be pleading with Mark to give it a break for just a day. God forbid that Mark should miss any of his reality shows. He spends hours and hours, every day watching that crap, and what he can't watch in real time he records for later viewing. If Mark isn't cooking, or sleeping, he is in that bedroom with the Real Housewives of whatever, Jersey Shore, Launch My Line, and every other show documenting the selfish lives of useless twits. On top of that he watches the shows that come on after the show, where the useless twits sit around and discuss why they behaved in such a boorish manner. Of course they don't consider their behavior out of line, their egos wouldn't ever let a conscience get in the way.

This morning I was passing through the bedroom and I heard one of these narcissistic, silicone implanted, botoxed, airheads on the TV sobbing, "It's so hard to live in Orange County, boo hoo hoo.... waaaa!" It was one of the 'Real Housewives of Orange County', and all I could think of were the thousands and thousands of dead and dying people lying under slabs of concrete in Haiti. Considering the likelihood of a huge earthquake in Southern California, her day may come and then we'll see how hard it is to live in Orange County. "Boo hoo hoo, the clinic where I get my Botox, and cosmetic surgery fell down! Waaaaa.... help, get me out of here, the Mercedes can't make it down the hill with all those bodies in the street!"

Of course reality doesn't always come around and slap people like that in the face. No, sometimes the self-centered and vain live a life of utter luck, and will never know real hardship. I just don't think we should reward it by watching them all day on television.

8 comments:

  1. We can always hope what goes around, comes around but sometimes it just doesn't. Those are the people who happen to be members of the lucky sperm club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got to get him off that reality TV crap. Whos reality is it anyway.Why would anyone want to watch these narcissists perform.
    Nobody lives twenty-four hours a day with someone following them around with a video camera recording every stupid thing they do.....
    Now I'm getting a clearer picture.
    video thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he should be watching FOX news to get a more fair and balanced look at the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alan,glad to see you added S.M.D.S. to your faves!!! THAT'S the reality I love!! I always wondered who watched those shows! Try and get him hooked on good ones like Amazing Race, you get to see people interact AND see the world. And not just the "pretty" sides.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Al, you sound a little preachy. Does this mean I can dial you up soon on one of those type channels as Preacher Al?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just one thing to say...RuPaul's Drag Race...Feb 1 on the LOGO network channel. You betta watch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had LOGO! From the guide they have the most interestng shows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have Alan record it on his TIVO for you.

    ReplyDelete