Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Piece Of Cake


When we were growing up, my dad had a strict budget. In that budget his eleven children were referred to as tax deductions, and it had no provisions for my mom to upgrade her home’s décor more than once every twenty years. Mom realized that to get the things she wanted, she had to take things into her own hands. So my mom started her own little business, she baked cakes. Mostly wedding cakes, but she would also do party cakes. One of my all time favorites was her ‘Boob’ cake, basically a sheet cake cut in the form of a woman with two inverted cupcakes in the appropriate locations. Mind you, this is the same woman who chastised me in fourth grade, for drawing a picture in my notebook of a woman with big boobs.




Over the last few weeks Mark has taken up baking. He did a delicious red velvet cake for Thanksgiving, baked some amazing cookies for Christmas, and now he has started baking bread. All these things he does from scratch, there are no box mixes involved. Last night he baked another cake, and a third of it has already been scarfed down. All this has led me to suggest that he follow in my mom’s footsteps, and start his own wedding cake business. Of course if they ever decide to totally destroy all the heterosexual marriages out there by passing gay marriage, Mark would be perfectly positioned for that market. In the meantime he can do wedding cakes, civil commitment cakes, and all kinds of party cakes. There is only one thing I don’t ever want to see, and that is Mark building a ‘Boob’ cake in the shape of my head. 



7 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha! Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some OLD boobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally like boobs on all the things I eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!!! Those old boobs should be hanging down to her knees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have we hit a new low on this blog site?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....and who, may I ask, scarfed down 1/3 of Mark's cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Booby..........

    ReplyDelete