Monday, June 7, 2010

Whachoo Talkin' bout?


“There's blood everywhere. I don’t know if he’s okay. I’m not down there right now because if I get stressed out I’m going to faint,” she told the operator.
“He fell. His head is bloody. There’s blood all over the floor. I don’t know what happened"
“Is there any way you can go down there at all?” the operator asked.
“I’ll try, I don’t know, I mean…” she said. “I don’t want to be traumatized right now,” the 24-year-old added.
“I just can’t be here with the blood. I’m sorry, I can’t do it. I can’t. … There’s blood all over and I can’t do anything.”
Right before the ambulance arrived, Price said, “I’m gagging, I got blood on myself, I can’t deal.”

 (Read more: http://bumpshack.com/2010/06/03/gary-coleman-911-call-audio/)

I was listening to the Gary Coleman 911 audio, and a horrific realization came over me. That's Mark! That is exactly the reaction Mark would have if he came across me involved in some kind of a mishap, like sawing my fingers off, or stabbing myself with a cork screw. The only difference is that Mark wouldn't be so calm about it. No, Mark would be running around the house, screaming like a white woman on fire while trying to dial 911. Just take the exact transcript above, add 'Oh Lord' after every sentence, and imagine it in a loud, high pitched wail. That would be Mark.

Mark is not good at handling adversity. Just the other day I was in my office and I heard a bit of a commotion in the kitchen, followed by a couple of loud squeaks. Upon entering the kitchen to investigate, I found Mark in tears, backed into a corner while flames shot up from the counter and licked the cabinets above. "I quit, I give up, waaaa..... squawk! I can't cook anymore....", Marks voice then trailed off into hysterical sobs. I calmly took the hose from the sink and put out the fire as Mark pushed past me, "You cook the damn dinner, I'm through!". As I cleaned up the mess on the counter, more flames shot up from the garbage can behind me. I guess Mark thought he could just throw the fire in there and it would go away.

I may have made a big mistake, I agreed to a road trip to Chicago this summer with Mark. I'm not sure that it's a good idea. The potential for something to go horribly wrong might be more than Mark can handle. I can't have him freaking out every time something goes a bit awry while he's driving. He tends to drive extremely slow on the interstates, and has even been known to stop in the traffic lanes when things go bad.  So,  I have given him strict instructions,  “Before we leave on this trip, you must refill your prescription for Xanax.", and then I told him to make sure he gets enough for me too.

11 comments:

  1. Well, you beat me to it. I was going to recommend Xanax. K makes me get a Rx if we have to ride in the car for more than a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just let Marks count the corn stooks and he will be too busy to think of anything else! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merisi, that may not work too well since he'll be doing the driving. He really is like a different man when he takes a XanaX before driving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's just hope Mark doesn't pick up said prescriptions while on his way to a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's always on the way to a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because I don't have wings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's strange, I thought all fairies had wings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't won mine yet. You have to convert ten men before you earn your wings. It's harder than it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have converted 10 men...where are my wings?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that's funny! Good one Jen. Goddesses already have their wings.

    ReplyDelete