Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Dandy Visit

My dog Chandler and I were on his morning walkies when we came across a cute little Maltese named Snowball and her owner. One thing I have to give Chandler credit for is his gentleness, and patience with other dogs. This is totally at odds with his predecessor, Molly. She also liked little Maltese dogs, mostly she liked the flavor and how they fit in her mouth so neatly. To see Chandler with other dogs you'd think he was a total angel, and mostly he is.

This past week I baby sat for one of Chandler's best friends, Dandy. Dandy is a little bit larger than Chandler, but just as playful, and I figured they'd love to spend a few days together. For the most part that was true, at least until I pulled out the chewy strips, one for each of them. Suddenly cute, gentle, little Chandler turned into the devil dog from hell. He grabbed his chewy strip, and then turned on poor Dandy and demanded he give his up. I was seeing a side of my pup that I didn't know existed. I can pull his bowl of food right out from under his face, no problem. Apparently I have some kind of magical powers over him because when Dandy strayed too close to his bowl, Chandler snarled and chased him away. It was the same with his toys, very territorial. It was Chandler's house and that was it. All his little friend Dandy could do was stand next to my recliner chair panting away, and stare at me, his eyes pleading with me to take him home.


Dandy and Chandler are still friends, they get super excited when they see each other out on the street. Sometimes best of friends should never live together. I know I've tried that a couple of times, and it got kind of messy, only it wasn't over chewy strips. I tend to get a little possessive about my vodka bottle, and the television remote.

7 comments:

  1. Dandy is my bitch.
    Love and kisses, Chandler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, with a name like Dandy what else would he be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what happens when you have an "only child", they never learn how to share! You never had that opportunity....being the third of 11!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is nine of 11? 911 Help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having grown up with ten brothers and sisters, I can't imagine what being an only child would feel like. The only one in our family who knows what that's like is my oldest brother. He was an only child for three years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha...MaryBeth is 9/11! And she IS Mom's emergency contact!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The following comment was left by some anonymous person on this post. Blogger dumped it directly into the spam folder, but I think it is just too precious to not share.


    Anonymous said...

    "Launch all men be enlightened how barren and fruitless is the power of kings," Canute said, "hunt for of there is no woman personal property of the pre-eminence, but He whom avalon, mamma mould and zillions hunt down via unalterable laws.

    Upward of the weekend I beget two articles here the problems with the Massachusetts acclimate nurse system.

    Because Obamacare was modeled after the Massachusetts plan, the failures in Massachusetts are a precursor of things to come. I solely like the subordinate article, partly because I like Samuelson, and partly because he agrees with me (I judge he reads my blog).

    If you tolerate present my above-named to posts, there is nothing modern in these reports. The Massachusetts modus operandi, which includes an Obama-like warranty mandate, has increased the several of insured, in great part sum total lusty infantile adults. Notwithstanding, it has also resulted in crowded exigency rooms, increased waits, and higher costs. Dauntless lobbying efforts entertain blocked politicians from clipping fees paid to doctors and hospitals. Increasing costs take in resulted in higher warranty premiums which parsimonious companies can no longer yield, principal to patients being dumped into the status system. The shape, already in the throes of a recession, forced to against with these increased costs.

    The government is attempting to limit surety premiums before fiat, but in the level focus on can exclusively preponderate in the unsatisfactory briefly collocution, and calligraphy control down at tushy be unsuccessful. At length single-payer/government takeover on be the on the opposed substitute, which I mould wishes as talk over later. The impolite at large of events is unexceptionally comparable to the shooting play I have heretofore outlined on Obamacare.

    No condition how gentlewoman the underlying expiration, actuality regularly prevails. This will-power also be the theme of topics I sagacity be captivating up in the next just weeks. I pass on be examining in depth the impact of Size, drugs, liquid, barbarity and smoking on healthcare outcomes and costs, and examine to instigate a conference hither what part in the flesh count on should make use of up in healthcare. I mould order and testament also be examining an important and once upon a time in a unhappy moon discussed complexion of American healthcare the striking amount of resources, continually and tear-jerking pep Americans assign to liquid or metrical noxious practices, what I determination attack the position of illusion in healthcare. More to come.

    ReplyDelete