Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Eye Strain

 Written Monday afternoon

I should have listened to my mom. Years ago she told me, "Alan! Turn off that television and go outside. You'll ruin your eyes watching that thing all day."
Honest to god, by late Sunday night I was seeing double, and barely could make out the menu on the TV screen. I had been watching at least seventy two hours of football since Thursday. Because I wasn't feeling too good over the weekend, and wanted to stay conveniently close to the toilet at all times, I just stayed home and watched football. Thursday night football, College football on Friday and Saturday, and then the big day, Sunday.

I have the NFL ticket from the satellite service, and I don't feel that I've had my full money's worth unless I watch at least two games that I can't get on local television. That, followed by the Sunday night game means that I've overloaded my brain with sports, and my eyes are starting to spin in their sockets.

I should have listened to mom, my eyes hurt and I really can't even remember which game was which. It is all blurred together in one big scrambled game in my head. Unfortunately I just found out that Monday night football is a double header tonight. I could always listen to it on the radio......  

4 comments:

  1. You should listen to your mother. Lila, tell him again....

    ReplyDelete
  2. replace eye strain with drinking problem and you've got my weekly football experience

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Alan! Turn off that television and go outside. You'll ruin your eyes watching that thing all day."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry....Just got the email.

    ReplyDelete