Monday, September 27, 2010

M Bomb

Well here we go again. Just this past week Mark went to his doctor and found out his blood pressure was through the roof. I don't think there is any doubt as to why this is. He is like a Chihuahua on meth. He gets hyper-excited over things, and not in a good way. Last week it was his health insurance people denying him a prescription. That led to nine hours of him on the phone screaming, ranting, and threatening to find their offices, go down there, and scream and rant in person. Yesterday it was the meeting of the Save East Wilton Manors group, where Mark got all disturbed by what he was hearing, and in his loud squeaky voice let everyone know how he felt.

Then there is today. I received an email informing me that our flights to and from Boston in November had been changed. Knowing that there would be no recourse, I clicked on the 'Accept Changes' button and continued playing my game of hearts. When Mark found out about the changes he grabbed the phone, called the airline, and it was on. He's been screaming at them for about an hour now, and I've been hiding here in my office with Chandler curled up next to me, his paws over his ears. I don't know when Mark's crazed phone call will end. His voice keeps going up, and at some point I think he will become totally inaudible to humans. That's when I'm afraid the throbbing vein on his forehead will burst, and I'll have to call 911. Of course if he manages to get some kind of refund or a discount on a future flight from the airline, I'll be happy. I might even bring him flowers when I visit him in the hospital.

3 comments:

  1. Alan, can you come to George's Alibi tomorrow night around 6- 6:30? The guy running against Keechl will be there to meet Wilton Manors residents, he has pledged to address that dumb dangerous dog ordinance if he gets elected. Could you spread the word to your pet owning friends and neighbors? I will be there after work, about 7. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And oh for sure, bring your squeaky wheel named Mark!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if we'll make that. I told Mark about it, but it conflicts with the city hall meeting down the street. Mark wants to go to that and complain about our racist police chief. Yes, our little gay town has a racist police chief who sends hilarious, racist jokes to everyone via email with his city owned computer.

    ReplyDelete