Monday, March 28, 2011

Tea for Two... and a Lot More.

I was moving stuff around, cleaning up the house for the visit of my niece and her new husband, when I came across a book under one of the tables in the living room.
'Divorce for Dummies', was the title.
Okay, Mark and I are two gay men living in a relationship, in a state that does not allow same sex marriage. Mark has never been married to a woman and neither have I. There is no plausible rationale that I can think of for Mark to go out and purchase that book. I'm pretty sure he didn't get it as a gift for my niece. So why in the hell did he get it? My guess is that it was on sale.

His big deal lately has been 'two for ones' at the grocery store. Mark just can't resist, so now our tiny kitchen is overflowing with two of everything. The cabinets are jammed full. Cans, bottles, and jars of various things that we possibly will need in the distant future, have migrated out onto the counters, and the floor. I suppose I could make more room, and throw out the food dryer that Mark bought. It's been sitting unused, taking up space in the kitchen for the last ten years. Or, I could sell it in that 'yard sale' that Mark has been talking about for the same ten years. In fact Saturday, Mark was supposed to do a yard sale with Richard, the guy down the street. This would sound like a good idea except that Mark has been telling Richard he would do that for over a year. Every few months Richard does his yard sale, and each time Saturday morning rolls around, and Mark 'oversleeps'.

Saturday I got up and walked the dogs in the early morning, and I got a good look at all the crap Richard had put out for his sale. None of it was Mark's. I've decided that our very own yard sale will be my single goal for the month of April. On April sixteenth I will drag as much shit as I can out to the front of the house. I will then sit there and sell it all. I figure I can make a few hundred dollars that day, and if Mark oversleeps again I won't even have to split it. In fact I just might spike his vodka with Ambien the night before.

2 comments:

  1. We did that yard sale with a friend thing. As I was getting crap out of the car to sell my girlfriends was buying my friend's crap and putting it in the car. We went home with the same amount of "new" crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, it's the crap out, crap in theory of yard sales. Ambien in the vodka will take care of that.

    ReplyDelete