Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Prize

The Prize
Sometimes you have to work hard, and do unpleasant things to get a reward. You have to plow up the garden, plant seedlings, and weed it, but in the end you get some nice flowers and vegetables. Even though I hate it, pulling up old tiles, ripping off wallpaper, and painting walls, will reward me with a fresh look in the house.

living with Mark gets me rewards, except I have to deal with him in reverse. I get the reward before the work. Tonight it was mashed potatoes, biscuits, and meat loaf. Mark makes the best meat loaf I have ever tasted in my whole life. It is moist, but not greasy. The texture and flavor is perfect, and it's all that I can do to resist eating the whole thing in one sitting. Of course if I did that, there would be none left for delicious meat loaf sandwiches the next day. That is what I have to keep telling myself every night, that dinner was great, while I clean up the disaster that Mark has left in the kitchen.

9 comments:

  1. Alan,
    It's never too late to reduce your risk of coronary heart disease by leaning towards eating more veggies and less meat. Have you and Mark been to the Vegan Gourmet Restaurant around the corner from you on Federal Highway. Take a visit on some special occasion and check it out. You'll be pleasantly surprised on how delicious vegetarian food can be. Let us know what you think about your visit in your blog. Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I consider this to be one of my worst, laziest, posts ever. Sometimes you're just not in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum ! bean sprouts and soyburgers. Ya don't know what your missin. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. recipes please...for the meatloaf, the mac and cheese and fried green tomatoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should ask for the recipe for the salad Mark made at my Mom's. My favorite part was the fried artichoke hearts that were still warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! wheres my recipes???? Did you try the Vegan place? I'm dying to see what you think...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the recipes. Mark just tells people to get American Test Kitchen cookbooks when they ask for a recipe. I've suggested we write a cookbook together, but he poo pooed that idea. Lazy bastard.

    Vegan? Mark is a carnivore, and I was a vegetarian for ten years, so I'm over it. I got sick more often on the vegetarian diet than I ever got eating meat (If you don't count cancer).

    ReplyDelete