Tuesday, November 1, 2011

How I Wet My Underpants at Three in the Morning

I opened my eyes, awakening from the weird dream I was having. Pressed up against my side was ninety pounds of dog. Beyond my dog Chandler, was Mark, snoring away, oblivious to everything. And literally clinging to the top of my head as if her life depended upon it, was Sasha. Sasha is afraid of storms, and outside I could hear the commotion. Thunder, wind, and rain. Not just any rain, but the kind that is as if a million fire hoses had been turned on and aimed at my house. Fine, I figured ten minutes and it'd be all over. An hour later the rain was still coming down in thick, torrential sheets. I decided to peel Sasha off my skull, and get out of bed to take a look. Outside the living room window I could barely see the swimming pool overflowing through the limited visibility. Then I remembered the cats, Lindsey Lohan, and Britney Spears. They live out there in the yard, so I opened the door to check up on them. Sure enough they were huddled in the entry hall, a little moist, but safe. There was one problem, the water was rising and lapping up against the door sill. It was just about to come over and would end up flooding my tenants apartment. So for the next hour, I stayed out there in the wind, and rain, stooped over, wearing nothing but my underpants, bailing the rain water back over into the yard. This was at three o'clock in the morning. You can't say I don't go the extra mile for my tenants.

4 comments:

  1. Does this mean I don't get to see any Halloween costumes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you saw Alan in nothing but his underpants, trust me, you would be scared...VERY SCARED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, I could see London...and oh I could see France ...but I didn't see Alan in his UNDERPANTS. Just curious...boxers or briefs, Alan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Briefs. I used to wear tighty whiteys, switched to boxers for about ten years, and now it's briefs. Oh, and for a while when I was a hippy, nothing.

    ReplyDelete