Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving Bitch

I just had a horrible, shocking realization today. Thanksgiving is just nine days away. I was watching television and somebody mentioned Thanksgiving next week. Next week? That couldn't be, Halloween was just yesterday, wasn't it? I should have noticed the hints Mark had left in the kitchen, like all the crap that was taking up counter space. He apparently has been stockpiling the makings of next weeks feast for the last month.

As much as I love the Thanksgiving dinner, and all that goes with it, I have come to hate the day. When I was a kid, hell, even as an adult, all I had to do was show up at moms table, and a fabulous meal was there for the eating. There was no cleaning of the house, no helping peel potatoes, no running out for this and that. All I had to do was watch a football game, and at the appropriate time I'd be called in to dinner. After attacking the turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and that weird thing with the marshmallows on top, I'd push away from the table and go watch the second football game. Not so anymore, I am required to help Mark now. I am responsible for cleaning the house, carrying in all the groceries from the car, and cleaning up the kitchen. I don't mean cleaning up the kitchen just once on Thanksgiving day. I mean that Mark makes such a mess it requires at least four cleanings, and at least one hosing down on Thanksgiving day. So now I have to gear up for the extravaganza coming up next week. I'll have to get my rest, and prepare to be Mark's bitch for a week. Maybe a little carbo-loading, and vodka will make it easier to take.

5 comments:

  1. I think you guys should reproduce that famous Thanksgiving dinner painting by Norman Rockwell and put a gay twist to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serves you right!! It's karma for all that you guys got away with EVERY Thanksgiving! Now you have to serve in your own personal feast from hell!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give 'em hell Peggy! These guys don't know what it was like to be a girl growing up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll tell you what Peggy and Hostess, y'all make it down here by next Thursday, and you're invited. Dinner is at six. Oh, and you can watch the Cowboys and Lions games with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohhhh I'd love that. Go Dallas! Go overeating!

    ReplyDelete