Friday, December 12, 2014

An Earworm for Your Weekend



Nothing interesting today. I live a boring life sometimes, but I have had this earworm in my head for the last 24 hours. You would have to be quite old to remember this song. It's called Popsicles and Icicles, and it hit the WLS top forty this week in 1963. It was a one hit wonder, and when I looked it up on the ever reliable Wikipedia, I found out that the three girls who recorded it, The Murmaids, never got paid a penny for it. I love how old songs can put your mind right back into the time period when they were popular. December 1963, the President of the United States had just been murdered. Nobody had heard of the Beatles yet, they were still one month away. Our family had just moved into our new dream house in Barrett Brother's Familyland. I remember how impressed we were with the new house and its modern kitchen. Today my mom would spit on that kitchen, but back then it was the best. Anyway, for your listening pleasure, and your earworm of the day, here is Popsicles and Icicles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment