Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Impatience



As for Thanksgiving, I am thankful for one thing, that it is over. I seem to have this problem with estimating size. Last Thursday I put just a little, only the smallest portion I thought, of everything on the table, on my plate. I was being sensible. Unfortunately, what looked to me like a reasonable amount of food turned out to be a belly busting, coma inducing glut. I must have spent a total of three hours in the bathroom over the weekend passing that mess through my body. That's not unusual, my overestimating and underestimating the size of things. It might be my bad eyesight, or it just might be wishful thinking. On Friday Mark and I went to the Home Depot where I purchased what I thought were a large amount of impatiens. I filled the cart fully with flats of the bright red flowers, and in the back of my mind I imagined a carpet of red impatiens in the front yard. We returned home, and after much digging and planting, I stood back and admired my handiwork. It turns out that I'm going to need a few more impatiens. After planting the flowers I had bought all around the yard, it looked somewhat sparse. I had totally misjudged how many flowers I had bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment