Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Squirrels Probably Don't Like the Color Anyway


The light at the end of the tunnel

According to The Bible, God created the universe in just six days. According to my mother, Santa Claus flies around the world and visits every child that believes in him, in just twenty four hours. And that includes going inside each house and eating cookies with milk at each stop. Neil Armstrong flew to the moon, landed there, played a round of golf, and returned to Earth in just over eight days. All very impressive feats, especially that creating the universe thing. I think Mom might have exaggerated about Santa Clause though. Nobody can drink that much milk. Like I said, impressive. So you would think that when I decided to  paint my house, from front to back, that I would be able to do it in a reasonable amount of time. I started the paint job on October sixth, seventy days ago. Two days ago, I finished the job. It was not as easy as I had envisioned it to be. Seriously, I looked at my building and thought to myself that I could probably paint it all in about two, or at the most, three weeks. Ten weeks is what it actually took. Ten weeks of fighting off mosquitoes, getting scratched up by the bougainvillea I planted everywhere, and climbing up and down a ladder with my gouty ankle. It truly sucked. But I am now done. My house is now an interesting shade of gray with a slight bluish tint. Okay, I lied. I'm not totally done. I do still have to paint the large awning that hangs over the front entrance and then re-hang it. Oh, and then there is that wall that faces the fence on the side of the building that nobody ever sees except for the squirrels. I have to paint that too, and I am pretty sure that I'll get around to it in the next week or so. Really, I'll paint it...  I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment