Thursday, January 21, 2016

Things Are Going Swimmingly

Before                                                                                          After


I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. My little one month job of sprucing up the place that I started back in October, is almost finished. Thanks to a three day dry period I was able to put a coat of paint on the swimming pool, or as it is better known around here, money hole. It's supposed to rain again on Friday, but by then the paint will be nice and dry. On Saturday I'll give it one more coat of paint and by Wednesday I'll be pumping some very expensive water back into the pool. That is unless Mother Nature would like to help and turn the rain spigot back on. Water is water, I don't care where it comes from. Way back in October I looked at this house and the swimming pool, and I thought "How hard could it be to paint it all?"  I think the fact that it took me four months to do what I thought would take one month, says it all. My legs hurt, my back hurts, and my right arm and hand will never be the same. Physical labor is just not my thing. I will say this, when Mark and I move to Chicago and buy our new home, it will not need to be painted because it will be brick. In the back yard, there will be no swimming pool. I never, ever want to do this much work again. Oh, and all that snow when we move to Chicago? That will be shoveled by some kid who I'll slip a twenty. Or Mark, I may send Mark out there to shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment