Friday, September 9, 2016

Powder



I haven't seen this much white powder around since the late 1970's. The contractor's men have kicked it into high gear. I'll bet by this time next week we'll have a kitchen. Today they knocked a hole in the brick wall for our exhaust hood that goes over the stove. We got a very powerful exhaust. the contractor, Juan, said it would suck all the oxygen out of the kitchen in sixty seconds. Good, exactly what I wanted. The only problem with that was they had to punch a very large hole in the wall above the stove. The fallout was extensive, plaster dust everywhere. Unfortunately, at this moment the house is a mess. We are choking on plaster dust. It's on the furniture, it's stuck to the walls, It's even on the dogs. When I take them outside, I have give them a good patting down just to knock off some of the dust. When all this is over I intend to hire a cleaning service to come in and do a thorough cleaning. I checked their web site. Unfortunately, they don't do dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment