Friday, December 2, 2016

Really.... Tell Me More



I know that my mom has her snarky side. It's usually pretty subtle, like when she was eating some pork that Mark had made and she didn't like it. She didn't come right out and say it was bad, instead she looked at me, made a face, and announced, "I'm still chewing." When Mark brought Mom some chicken and dumplings, she gobbled up the chicken and vegetables like they were oxygen. I asked her why she wasn't eating the dumplings and she said, "Oh, those are for poor people." Her quiet digs and pointed remarks aren't just about food. She will let people know in her own sweet and polite way that she is not pleased, but she does try to not insult anybody to their face. So I was quite amused when Mark informed me that he has become Mom's confidant. It seems that every time I leave the room, Mom whispers to Mark some unspeakable thing that she has noticed about me, my sisters, or my brothers. Usually what she has confided to him is kind of funny, if not hilarious. I have let Mark know that he is under no circumstances to ever reveal what Mom has told him, to never repeat her funny little asides until after she is gone. Mom's dad lived to be just a few short weeks from one hundred and two years old, so girls you're just going to have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment