Friday, January 5, 2018

Fudgsicles, Icicles...



I can deal with cold weather, but I have to admit, I hate this super deep freeze. Luckily for me I don't have to go to work in it. I see people all bundled up, looking miserable as they walk down to the bus stop, and I feel so bad for them that I turn the thermostat up another degree. Because watching them makes me a bit chilly. The dogs hate it also. I do have to take them out to do their thing, but I limit them to one minute per potty trip. Any longer and their feet start to hurt and my face starts to hurt too. So they run out into the yard, pee or poop, and then run back up the stairs to the back door. It's been working out okay so far except for one little problem. Chandler, he has decided that frozen dog turds are delicious. Every time I let the dogs out I have to yell at Chandler to stop digging up turds. I picked up all the easily reached poop and chopped away at the nuggets that are frozen into the ice, but Chandler can find more of them under the snow. He goes out there and digs and digs until he comes up with a nice, nutty fudgsicle. Once Chandler has something in his mouth it is impossible to get it out. He grips it tightly while growling and giving you the side-eye. I tell him to drop it, I've tried to grab it, and I've tried to distract him by telling him there is a bunny rabbit in the yard, but he loves the poo. I asked the veterinarian about this and she told me that it won't hurt him if it's his own poop, which it is. For some reason Scout's does not have the same delicious qualities. So Now, if he gets a frozen turd and tries to bring it into the house so he can eat it at his leisure, I give him a choice. Either drop it at the door or finish eating it. He has finished eating it every time so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment