Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Holiday Road



Well it looks like we're over the hump. The horrible month of December is history. As of December 21st, the days are growing longer and it is staying light a few more seconds every day. Mark's birthday has come and gone, and it seems I did a good job with that. All the pressure of Christmas is past, and in this house that's a lot of pressure. My Birthday, AKA the day that reminds me I am hurtling towards the end of life faster with each passing year, is done with. New Years Day did not bring me a hangover. It hasn't for many years now, not like it used to be when I was young. So it's all downhill now as we slide on towards springtime with its flowers and somewhat warmer weather. Really, we just have to put up with January and February. That's the worst of it. Even if we have a blizzard in March, it will all melt within a week. So now, on January second, we get to start it all over again. A full year ahead for us to screw up or make things better. I for one would like to make things better and I'd like to start with banishing certain Christmas songs forever. There is so much bad Christmas music out there, it really tends to get in the way of the good stuff. So I would like to start it off by voting that the song Holiday Road, by Lindsay Buckingham, never be heard again. Not the version by Lindsay Buckingham himself, not by any other artist, and certainly not the horrible version used in that Honda commercial. That piece of crap song has been stuck in my head like a spike for days. Just when it has been flushed from my brain, that horrible commercial comes on the television to reinforce it. So I say, no more goddamned Holiday Road song. What is your most hated Christmas song?




No comments:

Post a Comment