Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I Really Can't Stay



Okay, uncle, uncle, uncle. I admit it, I hate bitter cold weather. I wish I was in Florida right now enjoying that summer weather that they call winter. January and February, that's when Florida is nice. Not too hot, not usually too cold, just right. Seriously, if I could swing it I would spend these two months in Fort Lauderdale. The dogs hate the cold, at least Chandler does. Mark hates the cold, but then again he hates most things. I don't mind cold weather, but not the bitter, face hurting, finger freezing stuff. Last night I walked the dogs and I was reintroduced to just what 'wind chill' actually is. The wind blew right through my summer weight pants as if I were out there in my tighty whiteys. My eyes started tearing up and the tears started freezing, then my cheeks burned as only an arctic wind can burn. Don't get me wrong, I still would hate living in Florida. I hate the ten months of heat and humidity, the bugs, the critters, the fleas, there is a lot to hate about it. I am thinking about maybe a small motor home. Something that I, Mark, and the dogs could take down south for those two months. Yes, that's a great idea. Me in a small enclosed space made out of aluminum with Mark and two dogs for eight weeks....   Hmmmm... on second thought, the cold isn't too bad if I wear my flannel lined jeans and wear five layers under my winter coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment