Thursday, January 4, 2018

Peggy Comes to Visit




When I was a little kid, my older sister Peggy and I would hang out together a lot. I'm told now that it was because I was so easy to boss around. I do know that she talked me into running away from home once. We ran all the way to the sandbox in the backyard, and when it got a little blustery and scary we moved up to the front porch. I guess we taught Mom a lesson that time. She must have been beside herself with worry wondering what had happened to her two favorite children.

Yesterday afternoon, big sister came by to celebrate my birthday. She brought some delicious lasagna, a healthy green salad, and for desert, homemade cherry coffee cake. Peggy also brought some gifts for the dogs which resulted in almost immediate dog fighting. Scout thought that it was all for her and Chandler let her get away with it. Kind of like Peggy and me when we were very young. Anyway, after lunch we all sat around the living room talking and telling stories until Peggy realized it was almost rush hour and she had better get going. So we said our goodbyes and the dogs barked adiĆ³s out the window as Peggy made her way down the sidewalk. I would like to thank my sister for the wonderful lunch and gifts. We had a very nice time visiting with her. Unfortunately, I forgot to take any photos until just before she left. So I am glad that I got us all around the dining room table for one quick picture before she left.

2 comments: