Monday, April 9, 2018

Robo Cop


I love my dogs, but they have a problem... or I should say they create a problem. Hair, fur, fuzz, whatever you want to call it, they have a lot of it and it does not stay attached to them. When I vacuum the house I have to empty the canister three times. Seriously, I could knit another dog the size of Scout if I knew how to knit, or knew how to make yarn out of dog hair. Scout isn't too bad, her hair is long and stringy and she does not shed that much. Chandler, well Chandler is a dog hair factory. I take him out in the back yard and brush him, and brush him, and brush him. No matter how much I brush him there is still more hair on the brush. You'd think he would be naked of all hair by the time I finish, but as he trots back into the house I can still see that white hair dropping off onto the floor. So Mark had a solution. One of those robots that comes out at night and cleans the floors. Okay, I'll buy that, or I mean I'll go along with that if Mark buys it. Which he did. I have named her 'Rosie', after the maid on the Jetsons. The first night after I had set it up, it did a great job. The floor in the living room was spotless as was the hallway. Around one in the morning that night, Scout started barking. I got up and looked through the French doors that separate the dining room from the living room and there she was, busily moving around the living room floor. So I told Scout to go back to sleep and forget about the stranger in the living room. The next night Rosie did her job again. I was happy. Each morning I opened up her little canister and dumped a huge hairball of dog fur into the garbage. But on the third night Rosie stopped working. I found her trapped under the sofa so I hit the home button and she started back to her charger station. Unfortunately she didn't make it. She stopped, beeped, flashed her lights and that was it. On the fourth night she got stuck under my big fluffy chair. So I re-read the instructions. They told me to, "Clean the rotating brush once a week." It had not been a full week yet, but I popped that roller brush out of there. It was choked with dog hair. It had dog hair wrapped around the spindle and jammed in the intake. So I now know that I have to clean Rosie every day. I have to take her apart and unclog, detangle, and unwrap the mounds of dog hair. Other than that and the fact that Scout likes to bark at her, Rosie is now doing a very good job. I might even give her a promotion and add the dining room to her rounds. The dogs are pretty good at cleaning up the bits of dropped food in there, but they shed a lot of fur while doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment