Monday, April 30, 2018

Sofa King


When I decided that I would get a dog, I realized there would be responsibilities and that I would have to make adjustments. There would be a need for training, and some for the dog too. Despite the restrictions having a dog would put on my life, such as no trips without a good dog sitter, I adopted Molly. A couple of years later I adopted Mark, and Mark adopted a new sofa. Mark insisted, no dogs on the sofa. This is one of the few arguments Mark has lost in twenty one years with me. I told him that Molly was there before him and she had seniority. After thirteen years Molly passed and I adopted Chandler. Then one day Sasha came into our lives, so I had Chandler and Sasha. After Sasha passed we adopted Bette, who unfortunately died young. Now we have Chandler and Scout. What we do not have anymore, is the sofa. After five dogs making that lovely new sofa their favorite place to stretch out, I had to get rid of it. That sofa had some serious dog stank in it, not to mention the dog hair embedded in the crevices. Oh, and there were a couple of cats involved too. The sofa was moved from the living room to my office first. Then we moved to Chicago where we put it in the dining room where a few guests slept on it. For that I apologize. A couple of months ago I had some friends over, so I had them carry it down to the basement. There it has sat while I decided what to do with 'Old Stanky'. Only one thing to do, throw it out. So yesterday I fired up the circular saw and cut it in half. Not having help to carry it out of the basement made sawing it in half a reasonable solution. So it's now out in the alley waiting for the garbage truck. Up in our living room is a beautiful leather sofa that we bought when we moved in here and the dogs almost never even think of getting on it. I say it's the leather that scares them off. Like sleeping on a dead cow.


No comments:

Post a Comment