Friday, April 20, 2018

Spring Has Sprung


Last year winter was gentle with us. We had sixty degree days in January, nearly no snow, and by April first, winter had loosened its grip. I was already planting flowers by this time last year. I think Chicago was rope-a-doping me. "Sure, come on home from Florida. All is forgiven, we won't hurt you." Ha, you fool. It's Chicago for krissakes. So here I am after living through nearly six months of winter. Worn out, tired of putting coats on and shoveling snow. The truth is, it didn't bother me that much. If I didn't have to listen to Mark piss and moan about being dragged to this shithole (His words), I'd be fine with it. So what it is, is that I'm really tired of listening to Mark and others whine about winter. Put a big warm coat on, some gloves, and a hat, and shut up.

By this time next week it will be spring for sure. I'm going to plant my little flowers along the fence this weekend and do some other yard work. I expect to do all this with no jacket on, no hat, and if it's warm enough, in my shorts. My Florida shorts. So Yay!! Five months of summer dead ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment